Friday, March 19, 2010

A Prayer for Spring


As the Spring equinox occurs at 1:32 p.m. EDT tomorrow, March 20, I thought a prayer on a Spring theme is appropriate. The prayer below is by Ted Loder.

It is spring, Lord,
and the land is coming up green again,
unfolding outside my well-drawn boundaries
and urgent schedules.
And there is the mystery and the smile of it.
The willows are dripping honey color into the rivers,
and the mother birds are busy in manger nests,
and I am learning again
that "for everything there is a season
and a time for every matter under heaven."
O Lord, you have sketched the lines of spring.
Be with me in my unfolding.

Be with me in my reaching
so I will touch and be touched,
this time, by a grace, a warmth, a light,
to unfold my life to a new beginning,
a fresh budding,
a spring within as well as around me.
O Lord, you have sketched the lines of spring.
Be with me in my reaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment